Services we provide....
Our Practice provides assessment and therapy for children (aged from two years), and adolescents who present with the following concerns with their communication:
- Language developmental delay
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Speech and articulation difficulties, including dyspraxia
- Auditory processing difficulties
- Pragmatic and social skills delay
For a description of common communication disorders, click here.
At the initial consultation, we listen to concerns and take a comprehensive case history. An appropriate assessment is carried out so that we can plan for and provide the most effective therapy.
We provide therapy for:
- Language development (understanding and expressive skills)
- Clear articulation and speech
- Auditory processing
- Pragmatic and social skills development
- Alternative and augmentative communication
Therapy sessions run for 30 minutes. We invite parents/caregivers to participate in the session and encourage parents/caregivers to reinforce gains from therapy by doing things at home with the child. This may involve activities, practice or homework. Our therapists make suggestions.
Therapy sessions are planned to suit the individual needs of each child or client. Some resources that we draw upon include:
- Games and activities
- Extra Language Resources (a computer based language program)
- Quality language and speech applications for electronic devices (eg. Proloquo2Go)